2-year old Russian boy and his mother stung by box jellyfish on Koh Samui

2-year old Russian boy and his mother stung by box jellyfish on Koh Samui 2-year old Russian boy and his mother were stung by a box jellyfish on Lamai beach. Photo credit: Thai PBS, TNN 24

2-year old Russian boy and his mother were stung by box jellyfish on Lamai beach, Koh Samui on Saturday about 3 p.m.

Kid played in the water and suddenly fell unconscious because of the shock and cardiac arrest. Box jellyfish also stung his mother Yekaterina Ivanova (29) in the abdomen and legs, when she tried to help her child.

2-year old Russian boy and his mother stung by box jellyfish on Koh Samui

Rescue volunteer Watcharin Kongmun from Lamai jet-ski club administered first aid and basic CPR to little Russian. Finally, boy came to life and was taken to Bangkok-Samui Hospital. Now he is out of danger. His mother is also feel alright.

Rescuers remind tourists about box jellyfish superactivity during the rain season (August – October). Beachgoers should pay attention to warning signs and find out where the vinegar is placed for rapid first aid.

Credit: Thai PBS, TNN 24

In Russian: 2-летнего россиянина ужалила кубомедуза на Самуи